Artwork - Stamp of Natural Landscape by Mr. Huang Binhong



This stamp is a famous Chinese artist Mr. Huang Binhong's artwork. China Stamp Agency issued a set of natural landscape painting stamps in 1996 to memorialize the famous artist Mr. Huang. Unfortunately I only collect one of the 6-stamps set. I was attracted by the beautiful landscape at my first glance. The artist used brush, black ink and Chinese calligraphy strokes to create a luxuriant natural scenery. The face value (when my grandma purchased it) was 20 cents in Yuan. And now of course the value is multiplied. As you see, stamp collection is really a rewarding hobby. I would love to see your comments on this beautiful stamp.

Comments

  1. This stamp is truly beautiful. I love how delicate it looks, I would not want to touch it unless the oils on my finger were covered. The lack of color works great just being black ink. You can see the brush strokes and to me it looks like a dense forest with a tall rock cliff jetting upward into the sky with more trees scattered about. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Souvenir Sheetlet - Birds

Art is a Way to Relax

My Stamp Collection