I enjoy art! whenever I feel stressful, I love do some artwork to help me relax and think of beautiful things. With or without colors, a painting can always help me to enjoy my own world and stay away from the chaos. I don't know when my passion for art began, I just know I love art because it is something that doesn't limit my imagination and "weird" thinking. When I was a child, I went to the beach with my parents. My mom gave me a bucket and a beach ball to play with. Another child who had the same toys put sand in the bucket and threw the ball on the beach. I put the beach ball on top of the bucket and gave it to my mom as a huge ice cream cone. To me, everything could be a piece of nice artwork. Just like this painting above, a couple of colors can make you feel that you stand in front of the ocean or fly in the sky.
This is really cool and unique. Did you do a mirrored image pencil drawing of a photograph? That's awesome. I liked that you even did a little detail in the paisely wall-paper design around the area of the candle that is lit up, as if only to illuminate so much of the wall-paper. Where did you find the photograph, or did you take it as well? Also I'm curious about what inspired this!
ReplyDeleteThe colored left side was from a magazine for house interior design. When I open my magazine from mail, the half page of the wall light picture was ruined - that inspired me. I just use my pencil did the sketching for the right side, and the result to me is a positive & negative - a unique art design.
DeleteFrom what I see, the left side looks realistic while the right side is drawn and shaded with a pencil. Having the candle inside the glass makes this drawing feel unique and lights up the surrounding atmosphere. Whereas having the glass alone does not invoke much emotion to the viewers who are looking at this drawing, and taking out the light would leave the surrounding to be in total darkness.
ReplyDeleteHi Kevin! The light drawing above represents value in art which is the lightest to darkest which uses either a 4B or 6B pencil and it is a still life because the light symbolizes how the room is when it is dark or light inside.
Delete