My Stamp Collection


 

Stamp collection is one of my hobbies since it is really art related. When I went to Beijing China to visit my grandma, she gave me a whole set of stamps as my birthday gift. I just realized that from one stamp I can learn a lot of things! Of course, the first thing I noticed is the art design, history and culture, even historical events. This stamp is older than me. It was issued before I was born in the year 1996. This design is Dunhuang Murals- Buddha with a thousand hands. On the stamp you can see that the stamp's face value is only 500 cents in Yuan (about $0.8), but it becomes extremely valuable now. I truly admire the beautiful design. I would say that this not only a beautiful souvenir stamp but also a religious art. Dunhuang is a world cultural heritage. Those artists who designed this stamp "invited" the artwork from the wall of the cave to the paper. I hope you enjoy this beautiful artwork!

Comments

  1. That's really great that this was a gift from family! Do you like to order antique stamps online or go shopping in-person? Are there shops on Oahu that sell a lot of stamps? My stepdad collected stamps before he died and my family and I had to sort through them however, he had so many that it was extremely overwhelming. Do you collect other things? He also collected sports memorabilia.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the comments. You noticed that the stamps I collected are given by my family or from mainland China. They used to have stamp agency who sells those souvenir stamps in North America but it has been cancelled due to whatever trade problems. The other way I collect stamps is just through regular mails, but now people use email or text messages. That is also the reason that drives the stamps value up. I never order stamps online. I'm not sure if there are any shops on Oahu that sells stamps. For American stamps I just go to the post office to buy, but there are not many souvenir stamps.

      Delete
    2. Thank you for the comments. You noticed that the stamps I collected are given by my family or from mainland China. They used to have stamp agency who sells those souvenir stamps in North America but it has been cancelled due to whatever trade problems. The other way I collect stamps is just through regular mails, but now people use email or text messages. That is also the reason that drives the stamps value up. I never order stamps online. I'm not sure if there are any shops on Oahu that sells stamps. For American stamps I just go to the post office to buy, but there are not many souvenir stamps.

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Souvenir Sheetlet - Birds

Art is a Way to Relax